Facebook

Like/follow

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter

Twitter

Wednesday 19 August 2015

No, we're not a great western box

What with Cowley bridge and all the GWR ground frame activities, you may be getting worried that we are being drawn to 'the dark side', but fear not fellow S.R enthusiasts, we can't be changed (sorry GWR guys, we haven't got anything against you really).

Today was a wet one, and it was inevitable I was going to get soaked because today I'd planned to re-assemble the ground frame and install some track-side fencing. The result of today were:  

The ground frame is complete and in place, it just needs fixing to the sleepers.

I have driven in the required poles for the fencing and balanced the rail on top, I just need to bolt the fence to the posts.
One very wet Jamie.


Dave spent his day doing a temporary fix for the flooring of the pavilion veranda  which had rotted because of water running down the slope.




The alarm has also been serviced today and is now functioning properly (not that it wasn't already).

During the heavy rain I decided to find shelter (call me a wimp if it helps) so I used this time to strip and paint the searchlight signal casing (which Dave and I disassembled today). Once this was done and it was still raining, I had nothing else to do, so decided to admire Cowley bridge. I really think this is a great 'little' signal box and I really enjoy using it. Hopefully it will show people what a busy signal box is like and we can use it to its full potential.


 (Well done to those of you who noticed that I have installed the ground frame back to front!! If you look closely, you will notice the catch handles are on the wrong side. Back to the drawing board)

No comments:

Post a Comment